Sunday, August 23, 2009

Feeling Good!!

Has it really been this long since I blogged about running? I guess time and family and running have really taken over my life.
***
This much is true...I feel great!!
I am up to 12 miles and this weekend will be 14. My running partner has gone on vacation, darn her :), but today I headed out with an i-pod full of great music and did an 8 mile run in really good time. I have noticed that I am eating more and sleeping more. I was a little worried about what I have been consuming lately...but in all I feel like I am getting the adequate amount of food and I have been really careful of what I eat the night before I run. Carbs and protein for me and on top of all that I did weigh myself this morning and in 2-1/2 weeks I have dropped about 8-1/2 pounds. Holy crow!! I did a double take when I saw the number pop up. Although I am not running to loose weight the plus is an advantage.
***
So far I have done a race in Montrose on the 4th of July, another one at the end of July and that one I actually came in 3rd in my age category. I walked by the awards table before the race and thought to myself that i would never get one of those. Surprise I did!!! And to boot, my kid came in 1st in the kids run. He was pretty pleased with himself as I was!!
***
So now I am just trying to run every other day...the knee feels great (knock on wood) and Tuesday night I will be competing in another race all women! Then on to September 12th for a 1/2 marathon in Liverpool, New York.
***
I promise to write more when I do run, maybe a couple of pics to add!
So for now...
run girl, run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment