Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm just wondering if the God's are against me and my running. First I injure myself several weeks back and now....the knee.
***
After my last blog entry I went for a 6 miler and during the run I saw an amazing site, our resident bald eagle. Throughout the beginning of this run my knee was starting to bother me but by the end I was in full blown pain. And anyone who knows about distance mileage, once you do and out and back...you've gotta finish it. My thought was to call my friend who lives nearby and have her drive me to my car but I really wanted to get the run in. You know after all it is part of my training schedule...
***
Well now I did it. I could barely walk after and come to find out that it is bursitis and tendinitis. All of which is thanks to my wonderfully flat feet. Yes. I did say flat feet. Apparently I am not striking the ground properly which is putting pressure on my tendons that run across my thigh which is aggravating my meniscus which is bugging a spot where three tendons meet. Thus....5 days of rest and PT on Wednesday. The doc said I could be back out there in 2 weeks but I am hopping for more like 1-1/2 weeks. I know I don't want to rush something like this but, this girls gotta run!!
***
So for now I bid you ice and elevation and lots of Advil!!
***
ice, girl, ice
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment